My Wedding

Monday, June 14, 2010

my current project......


I wanted to share, on what i've been up to lately...

we have 19 more days to the reception..meaning my sister has only 18 more days inshaAllah to her nikah..hehehe..

a lot of people asks on how i feel right now  excited tak?..i can say i'm A WHOLE load more relax now... compared when it was 19 days to my nikah(masa ni macam dah crazy)..hehhee....sebab our nikah pun dah lepas Alhamdulillah....

for my reception, i didn't want it to be like my nikah...i wanted it to be more meaning full than anything..so a lot of things this time,  I decided to do it myself...

my biggest project is...my wedding baju...remember this post

i gave a teaser on my outfits..but now my nikah baju dah jadi for my reception...(dah almost 4 bulan nikah, i feel like i'm a pengantin basi already) so my main intention is to give my sister full limelight..hehehe....

ok my baju lace putih tu, lace, came empty..sebab i wanted the designer to tambahkan the beads for me cantik2....but like i said, i wanted a more personal feel, so i decided to do it myself...



yup, myself, and yes FYI, i have No experience in beadings at all..memang tak pernah buat..

so far, its been 2 months dah sabby penat menjahit beads sini, menjahit beads sana..still tak habis2 lagi...everytime, buat, kalau salah i have to redo everything...

now its 90% siap, alhamdulllah...results...hmmm... well, all i can say is, its looks homemade...but the satisfaction i have, knowning that i did it myself, i think that is priceless..and now, this while lace baju has become my new favorite wedding attire......

12 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats! kite pon br jer start nak jahit beads for own baju kurung. happy beading sabby~

nizabeba said...

sab, so proud of u...hehe...x sabar nk tgk hasil nye..hehe..
b2b mmg ade magic touch kot kan.. =)

Unknown said...

wow u;re todays martha stewart!! to have ur veil diy is one thing, but to sew all the beads yourself is another. cant wait to see it sabby! and i think its so sweet of u to give ur sis the lime light. girls just understand girls. my brother's stealing all of mine since we're having a joint reception for my nikah and my kenduri so boohoo. LOL

hana yoriee said...

wow.. well done sab! i wish i have the guts to do the same..teehehe..

Sabsabby said...

nurul: yay, sabby harap, your beadings turn out cantik..bila habis tu, mmg puas hati sgt...

nahwal: oh don't worry so much about your brother...no matter how much, guys try to do, the limelight will always be on the bride..trust me..esp if she is pretty like you..hehehe..mashaAllah...

nizabeba: ohh magic touch, because we become such perfectionist..hehehe...because we want the best for our wedding..hehehe..kan kan???

hana: jazakallah..ohh you ca try at baju raya first..you never know, ada some hidden talent inside....

Unknown said...

HAHA yeah since he's the first grandson to get married, i try not to take it personally LOL. thanks for the compliment, both of us brides (me and my sis in law insyaAllah) are short brides, we'll be having the 'tol' during the joint reception, so im hoping it wil make the guests laugh LOL

Iryani Azlan said...

oh my god sabby, u are sooo martha stewart lah dearrrrr!!! so proud of you, other bride to be busy with DIY stuffs like centrepiece lah, bouquet la, corsages la, doorgifts la, but you...you diy the beadings for your own wedding dress. keep up!

BuTtErFlyInFraMe said...

yeay!!! xsangka sabby berani jahit snediri... :) tapi kalau dh sampai 90% siap tu, maknanya mesti ok la kan...xsbr nk tunggu hasilnya...

good luck for another 10% ok?

amalsick said...

sabby menjahit..
i must take a lot more picture than the nikah la like this ;)
cant wait babe..

Mrs Kecik said...

all the best sabby..
yg paling penting, cantik di mata hati kita..sure akan happy, n jd lg cantik.

[ Hanie ] said...

wah, bagusnye sab, DIY sendiri yer :) Insyaallah, sure puas hati nnt ;)

Mrs.Qarlista said...

sab..rajinnye! it's ok..it look homemade, enything homemade lah paling best..mcm cookies homemade, mom's cooking, etc..hehe


it's priceless. :)