My Wedding

Monday, March 5, 2012

Responsibility as a parent

Someone once told me, don't expect ur children to be a beriman if u yourself are not beriman...

Since I became a mother I feel so scared if my upbringing fails, n my child ends up being a non practicing Muslim. Another person has mentioned " if my child fails, it means I have failed as a mother....so deep kan that statement. But I realise it's true.

When I was growing up, among us siblings Ada yg always get A for exams. I was not a 4flat student like my Sis, but my parents never force me to dpt 4flat,n I asked my parents why they tak marah me?

N my mom explained,that success for her is when her anak is soleh n when we die,we pass the biggest test, which is when the malaikat asks " who is ur god? n we can answer Allah SWT. N that the only way for our body to answer that is if u are a good practicing Muslim during our life in the world.

I love that about my parents, alhamdulillah...they always prioratise on what's more important, like they didnt force me to get straight A's because they knew it was harder for me but easier for my sister... But they are very strict on solat. Everyday without fail my parents will force us to bangun for subuh n also remind us to solat every single waktu, everyday.... N I can tell u is not easy coz we all selalu tido balik, jawab balik and etc... But all that effort that my parents made while growing up,was mashaallah worth it...

Alhamdulillah now we can do that for our kids. N now I realise why my parents did not give up even though it was not an easy thing to do everyday...

But sadly nowdays i see not many parents do that to their kids. Some parents don't wake them up for subuh because kesian the anak wants to sleep....How is that good for the anak? Isn't that leading ur child to the WRONG path?
May Allah SwT guide us all parents to lead their children n future generations to jannah....


So let's start reminding everybody to practice our 5 solat everyday... Let's remind our family, our spouse, our kids, our friends, everyone.... Ameen....

May Allah SWT grant us jannah...
Ameen

P/s:baby boy now can sing,if I sing abcdefg, he will sing abbbbbb...subhanallah...cuteness

2 comments:

Fathiyah said...

insyallah..lets raise our children in islamic way :)

Reen Tart Nenas said...

thanks for reminding me :)